Saturday, May 15, 2010

Fishing off the coast of Merizo

Deep sea fishing is a lot of waiting for a bite on one of many lines followed by a lot of activity if you actually get a bite. But the waiting is entirely pleasant if you have taken your sea sick pills and have a lovely place to stretch out.











Catching the first fish is really exciting, but a little bit hard to reconcile with my vegetarian tendencies. I enjoy suchi and sashimi a lot, but some how seeing how beautiful the fish is alive changes my enthusiam for eating it dead. I did, however, enjoy some of out catch later in the evening (yes, raw). Thirteen fish later, I was really glad they stopped biting our lures and we could just enjoy a nice boat ride.











I cannot believe what a fun life I have with Don. He is determined that I should have everything I want. I never imagined I would have such a great time when I was 50. Guam is certainly as beautiful and exotic as I imagined it would be, but also conviently has a Kmart and BX (tropical jungles, coral beaches, crystal clear water and the blue light special).

No comments:

Post a Comment